Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sculpture by the Sea 2008


Well, this is my first blog ever, so I'll take it nice and slow.

My sister and I previewed this years Sculpture by the Sea on the Tamarama to Bondi walk this morning.  Some were still under construction, so I'll go back next week to see them at sunset - the best time I find to photograph the sculptures.

As part of my personal goal to take a photo every day for a year, I will include my choice from today.  I took over 250 pics, so it was quite hard to choose.  Just after I took this photo we saw whales breaching just off the coast.  A few minutes later there was around 15 people standing there hoping to see the whales, and almost missing looking at this beautiful sculpture.

The exhibition is on until the 2 November.

2 comments:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I took a similar pic of this sculpture - see my blog. Welcome to 888DAG, I knew you could do it. Good things just take time don't they.

pommygran8 said...

Loved this one too-and welcome to the 888 family of bloggers